Compared to a traditional frying pan, a continental pan requires much less fat for cooking. If the chefs in your house are serious about expanding their horizons, they need a wok. It could be utilised to stir-fry and braise, steam, and deep-fry.
Why is it unique compared to other types of pans?
The saying that Chinese cuisine is predominantly prepared in woks speaks for its brilliance. It is made to be easily turned and twisted while cooking spaghetti and noodles. So almost all restaurants and quick food outlets use it to prepare delectable Chinese cuisine.
Used cooking techniques: Stir-fry
The stir-fry cooking method allows for simple, quick, and portable food preparation. To guarantee consistent cooking, pick a few ingredients and cut them into small pieces. Then, add everything to the pan with a bit of oil.
The dishes need more work, but stir-fries can frequently be prepared faster.
These pots and pans have two significant benefits for preparing meals quickly:
- Stir-frying is a time-saving cooking technique since it seeks to cook the ingredients fast and thoroughly.
- A frying pan’s clever design allows the solid heat to circulate easily when cooking, making cooking quick and straightforward.
Cook healthy meals in a wok
Woks are excellent utensils for cooking nutritious meals.
Due to the high amount of heat used in a wok, the nutrients are preserved. The food cooked is hot, delicious, and healthy.
Add delicious flavour
An excellent method to flavour food is to stir-fry it. The intense heat and regular turning of woks help to seal in flavours. Food can easily be ruined by overcooking- utilising a wok when stir-frying significantly reduces the likelihood of this occurring. This cooking technique preserves the food’s texture and prevents it from becoming greasy or mushy. The advantages different items gain from being cooked in a wok are:
- The meats and shellfish don’t absorb too much fat, and the veggies maintain their crunch and freshness.
- Tofu, which is high in protein yet low in calories and cholesterol, can be cooked up perfectly in a wok.
No need for additional equipment
Some of the simplest and least expensive cooking equipment for woks are:
- A spoon made of wood is needed to stir the ingredients.
- In order to remove crumbs, a scraper is used while washing woks.
- A clean cloth is required to wipe the woks after cleaning.
- It is very inexpensive to cook food using all these items since the only expensive equipment is the glass lid of the pan.
Consider the size
Always take into account the size of the pan. It determines the amount of food you can cook. The bigger the pan is, the more you can cook. Size does not only mean in terms of width. It could also be its depth. If the pan is shallow, it can cook in more quantity. However, large pans take more time to cook than smaller ones. If you are in a hurry, go for small pans.
Tips for cooking:
- Before cooking, divide the ingredients in half or thirds. People’s home cooking will become more varied in a modest but visible way.
- The quick cooking time of stir-fries makes it simple to add numerous ingredients at the last minute.
- Once cooking has started, there won’t be more time to chop or look for ingredients, so arrange all the ingredients beforehand.
- Keep your ingredients close to the fire when you’re cooking quickly so you can quickly add them to the wok.